SP 75 Plus
SP 75 Plus
Choose the Datacard® SP75 Plus card printer to protect people, facilities and critical assets in government, corporations, universities and other organizations that require high security. This powerful and versatile printer issues technologically advanced IDs that maximize card security and durability.
- Elevate the security of ordinary ID cards.
- Laminate one or both sides of cards.
- Protect IDs from a wide range of threats.
Versatile card lamination
The SP75 Plus printer can be configured with one standard laminator and a second optional laminator. Both can apply Datacard® DuraGard® virtual edge-to-edge laminates that cover 95% of the card to increase security and durability. With both laminators, you can apply any combination of security laminates or protective topcoats in a single pass, or apply different laminates to each side to improve cost-efficiency.
Flexible, high-quality printing
This printer makes it easy to print a variety of secure IDs. Choose from one- or two-sided printing, both of which deliver superior dye sublimation quality and true edge-to-edge coverage. You can also take advantage of vivid, full-color output or single-color printing.
Ultraviolet fluorescent printing
Strengthen card security with variable text ultraviolet (UV) fluorescent printing. Fluorescent text can be seen only under UV light, which makes it easy to validate the authenticity of the card and severely hinders any attempt at forgery.
USB and Ethernet connectivity
Plug this printer into a computer and start issuing cards in minutes with your choice of USB or 10/100 Base-T Ethernet connectivity, both of which come standard.
The SP75 Plus printer makes it fast and easy to print many different kinds of secure IDs with quick-change, error-free ribbon loading, as well as laminate and topcoat cartridges that can be replaced in seconds.
Second lamination station
Ensure optimal security and durability with an optional second lamination station. The second station also helps reduce program costs, allowing you to apply a custom security laminate on the front of the card and a more cost-effective clear topcoat on the back.
Input hopper empty detection
The SP75 Plus printer can detect when the input hopper is empty. Add this custom feature to your printer with the software developer’s kit (SDK).
The SP75 Plus card printer provides superior protection for cards, supplies and the printer itself with an innovative suite of security features:
- Printer-PC security software
This feature disables printing if the printer is connected to any PC that is not the designated host PC, so the printer cannot print cards if it is stolen.
- Card auditing
Card auditing tracks the number of cards picked, completed, rejected and lost to ensure accurate accounting.
- Hardware lock system
Prevent theft of supply items with optional locks for the input hopper, reject area and lamination station.
ISO magnetic stripe encoding (factory install or field upgrade)
Smart card personalisation (factory install or field upgrade)
- Print method:
- Direct-to-card dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Print resolution:
- 300 dots per inch (11.8 dots/mm)
- 256 shades
- Print speed:
- 175 cards per hour front side YMCK ribbon with front side lamination
- 165 cards per hour front side YMCK-K ribbon, back side K with front side lamination
- Physical dimensions:
- 23.1" (L) x 9.92" (W) (586.74 mm L x 251.97 mm W)
- H = 18.82" to 23.52" (478.03 mm to 597.41 mm) depending on hopper options
- Printer weight:
- Less than 27 pounds without card or badge supplies
- Printer drivers, 32-bit operating systems - Microsoft® Windows® 8, 7, Server 2000, and XP operating systems and Datacard® Open Platform printer driver for non-Windows operating systems i.e. Linux® operating system
- Printer drivers, 64-bit operating systems - Microsoft® Windows® 8, 7, Server 2000
- 24-month standard depot warranty for printer
- 24-month printhead warranty — no prorating; no card counting